Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WD Live Hub Review - India


I bought a Western Digital (WD) Live Hub media streamer a month back. I got it from the Golcha shop on SP Road, Bangalore (www.golchhait.com/) for Rs 9500/-. It was a good deal becuase it seemed to mirror the prices in the US and about 3000 cheaper for the same box in Croma. I dont own an LCD TV as yet and was a bit apprehensive about Live Hub working with my old Philips 21 inch TV. I unboxed the unit, connected the power cables, powered on, put the ethernet cable from my wireless router to the Live Hub and voila! got the neat and clean Live Hub UI running with the network configured and ready to go. it was one seamless installation and i dint face a problem. Tried youtube and some internet radio stations and they work beautifully. i get lags on my laptop while watching youtube video's but have never experienced a buffering issue in the tonnes of video's i have watched so far. Every feature works neat and i only wish WD has more local content. They should bring bigflix and other local content as apps. having a blast of a time watching my favorite content on the Live Hub. The 1TB HDD that comes along with the Hub should last me for the next couple of years at least. 


The WD Live Hub is definitely value for money.

No comments: